mandag den 10. marts 2014

Fancy Friday #45: Acid Wash

A totally new technique for me in this week's Fancy Friday challenge - and boy I struggled with it. I really need to figure out how to get the proper random look translated to my nails.

I applied one layer of GOSH Misty Mauve at the bottom, and then layered with Lavender Love, Miss Minty and Berry Me - also GOSH polishes.


I love how these four colours look together:

           Berry Me                    Miss Minty               Lavender Love               Misty Mauve

But I really couldn't figure this one out. I used a brush for this result though I'm not sure whether I would get a cleaner look with a q-tip or not.


I followed the step-by-step guide the lovely Miss Crumpet published last summer, but this looks nowhere near as clean as her lovely manicure.




I must say I like the idea but I am not crazy about the execution here. But as any thing else nail art I guess it is just a matter of trial and error. So if at first you don't succeed then try and try again ;)


 Make sure you check out the rest of the girls and their Acid Wash Manis :)

Fredagens udfordring var Acid Wash og mand det kæmpede jeg godt nok med. Jeg fulgte The Crumpet's tutorial men det blev jo ikke halvt så pænt som hendes :D. Jeg er helt vild med farvekombinationen men er MEGET ambivalent i forhold til selve udførelsen af den her acetone afvaskning...Men det er jo bare at prøve det igen. Jeg har efterhånden fået lært at det der nail art er ligesom alt andet i livet: Øvelse gør mester ;)