torsdag den 20. marts 2014

Golden Oldie Thursday #11: Ruffle Mani

I have a lot of Essie polishes that more than fit the bill for this challenge. Mostly because I'm not too excited about the formula. The old ones are rather thin and runny and they also have the thin brush which I am not a big fan of. But since this particular challenge doesn't require the brush I thought I'd give it a go.

My right hand was occupied with my St. Paddys mani so I did it on my left which means a lot of wobbliness, since I had to use my non-dominant hand - and somehow the polish ended up pooling at my fingertips of all places and making it look like I failed at applying gel nails :D.


As you can see the ruffles are less than properly aligned :D.


Polishes used for this mani: Pretty Edgy, Turquoise and Caicos, Mojito Madness, Greenport, Sew Psyched and Going Incognito.


I need to try this technique again with my dominant hand just to make sure that it can be done and look more clean than this...quite messy I think.


Do take some time and look at the other ruffle manicures - I've spotted a couple already that I need to study closer to help me with my next try ;)