søndag den 1. april 2012

Challenge Week 13: Ruffian Nails

This week has been super busy and filled with marvellous nail mail (of which I will write about in another blog post).
The challenge this week is Ruffian Nails, also known by some as Upside-down French manicure. I first heard about Ruffians two years ago, when I read a blog post at All Lacquered Up about CND's collaboration with the fashion house Ruffian at their Fall 2010 runway show. The post can be read in its entirety here: Ruffian Matte Moon Manicure.

Two days ago I got five of China Glaze's The Hunger Games polishes in the mail among which was Stone Cold, so I had no doubt that I wanted to do the Ruffian as close to the original as possible, so I could get to try that beautyful charcoal matte polish. For the gold accent I chose my favourite gold polish, nails inc. westminster abbey. I did the moons free hand though I am not really good at it. First I tried to use my dotting tool to draw up a guide line. But matte polish is really fast drying so that turned out a lumpy mess. I then got a striper and that was way better :-D - you could do it with scotch tape or manicure guides instead but they are a hit and miss for me, so I thought I might as well practice my free hand skills.

I really like the look of this though it is a bit "wobbly" here, I am very pleased with the colour combination and have to say Stone Cold is a ridiculously gorgeous matte polish.



Sorry for the slightly unfocused picture, I couldn't get my camera to focus properly here.



Another apology for the dry cuticles - I have had my hands in so much water today that no amount of creme seemed to help.



Unfortunately my nails seem much shorter with this mani, I think they look sort of cut off...









As usual I really enjoyed doing the challenge and think I will do this again, though it is not too flattering on my nails.

2 kommentarer:

  1. hi! i love your blog and i nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award on my last blogpost, http://www.rialovespawlish.com/2012/04/versatile-blogger-award.html!

    this mani is beautiful, i have so much trouble making things like this straight, you did an amazing job!! Ria :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Oh wow, thank you Ria. I'll see if I can find time to do a post on this before too long, so don't be alarmed if it takes a week ;)

      And thanks for your compliment on my mani. I am getting better at doing things free hand, but as I say I still struggle with it. But it is an awesome challenge this one, so I am hanging in there. Still have two manis I haven't posted yet. Hopefully I'll get the time today.

      Slet