onsdag den 23. april 2014

Darling Diva Polish the Opals Collection part 2: Teal and Sea Moss Green

Second part of the Darling Diva Opals are the beautiful and quite Me colours Teal and Sea Moss Green.

First up is Sea Moss Green, a quite stunning rich green that had me thinking of the lake at Hogwarts that Harry dives in to for the second Tri-Wizard Tournament challenge.




Packed with the same iridescent mylar flakes and sea blue hex glitters as the two previous polishes, here they are in a moss green jelly like polish base that delivers a sense of deep lakes surrounded with greenery, with lilypads flowing around hiding a more sinister deep. I am totally in love with this polish.





This base is like the first two, very jelly like so I used three very thin layers to reach this opacity. It was a bit on the thick side but definitely not too unmanageble.


Remember to let it dry between layers so not to drag the flakes through the polish. And remember that these polishes eat top coat for breakfast so you need a glitter tamer like Gelous or several layers of top coat to get an even surface.


Second is Teal Opal - the name really gives it away :D, a teal blue jelly polish that also need three thin layers for this particular look. As with the green there was some thickness to the polish and if you want to be sure to get a more manageable consistency you could add a few drops of thinner.



Surprisingly enough it has a very delicate feel to it when on your nails which I really didn't expect when I saw it in the bottle.



Since the flakes and glitters are more in-tone in this than in Sea Moss Green it doesn't come off as interesting as the partner but it has its own beauty to it.



It is amazing how the jelly base give the polishes the look of the flakes being suspended in several layers on your nail - an absolutely unique look that I don't think I have in my collection. The only thing near this is my Cult Nails Clairvoyant but I haven't worn it in a long time and I don't recall it as giving off quite the same effect.


Darling Diva Polishes can be purchased at Llarowe, Norway Nails, Edgy Polish, and in Carrie's own BigCartel shop.

You can follow Darling Diva on Facebook, twitter, and Instagram.

These polishes were sent to me for my honest review.