fredag den 28. juni 2013

Fancy Friday #9: Gradient/Ombre

Hi there, back to normal scheduling due to awesome hubby doing tech stuff at the back-end :D

And another friday has come and therefore it is time for FF and this time I've chosen to do an ombre mani since I wanted to try something I've only done once before. And I made it the old school way, just to challenge myself a little.


I grabbed a gorgeous deep rich lilac from nails inc. called devonshire row. And I apologise in advance for the strange colour of my hands but they suffer when I need to adjust the camera settings to get a proper representation of the polish colour ;)


 Then I painted my middle finger with it. I then took three drops and mixed it with one drop of white and painted my ring finger.


Then I took three drops more, mixed them with two drops of white and painted my little finger.


 And then I did the same for the index and thumb but using black instead of white.


These are one coat, but they were very thick coats in order to make sure I didn't need two coats - that could eff up the colour since I worked in the evening and couldn't be sure I could make the exact same colour for the second coat.

But I couldn't leave it at that so I had to sponge some glitter on top of it and did it with Lynnderella Shape Shifter.

So there you are. I don't know if I care for doing this again, I may just line up polishes in the same colour spectrum that goes from light to dark instead, at least that will get me through more of my stash ;)


Ugens Fælles Fredag tema er gradient/ombre. Der er altid stor forvirring om, hvad der er hvad, men jeg har altid holdt mig til at en ombre er en graduering af en farve fra lys til mørk på håndens fem fingre, og at en gradient er en tilsvarende graduering, men lavet på en enkelt negl - og den graduering kan man så opnå med forskellige teknikker. At man så i dag også laver gradient skittles er bare helt fantastisk i mine øjne!!

Jeg har startet med grundfarven devonshire row fra nails inc. på min langefinger. Derefter har jeg taget tre dråber af den og blandet en dråbe hvid i og lagt den på ringfingeren. Så har jeg taget yderligere tre dråber og blandet med to dråber hvid og lagt på lillefingeren. Dernæst har jeg gjort det samme bare med sort, for at opnå det mørke farveskift på pegefinger og tommeltot. Tilsidst har jeg brugt en make-up svamp til at påføre Shape Shifter fra Lynnderella.