søndag den 19. august 2012

Challenge Week 33: Galaxy Mani

I've been wanting to try this for a long time, but haven't really been able to find the time - but suddenly the challenge is upon me, and I had to take time to do it.

There are a lot of tutorials on youtube and I have sort of taken a little from a couple of them, but since I have seen the one CutePolish has the most times, it is mostly inspired by hers:



But I also found this very interesting:



The polishes I used for this mani are:

Base colour: Pretty & Polished Sphere
Nucleus: Nfu Oh JS 45 and a light pink franken polish
Blending colours: Orly Out Of This World and a purple shimmer franken polish
Stars: nails inc. floral st.
Glitter topper: Guerlain Silver Sparkle and Nfu Oh GS 03



One thing I know for sure: I'm not going to use Sphere again as base colour, all the gorgeousness from that polish drowns in all the other effects :/

Somehow I totally missed some orange polish when I cleaned my middle finger.









I had a hard time photographing this, I don't think I caught how well the glitter topper work.

It is definitely not the last time I try this - it looks utterly amazing, even though I'm not quite satisfied with my first try. It lacks something that I can't quite put my finger on...

Have you tried galaxy nails? Feel free to leave a link in the comments so I can learn what tricks you got for making a good galaxy mani.

3 kommentarer:

  1. Yours turned out great, I like them!!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you!! I still haven't figured out what it is that it lacks...maybe nothing and I just need to enjoy this instead? :)

      Slet
  2. I've tried these several times, I love them!
    Mine are here: http://edelweiss-pirate.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/nebula-nails.html
    I think using a wider variety of brighter colours works better. I think a bit of bright blue or pink would make yours pop a little more.

    SvarSlet