lørdag den 18. februar 2012

Challenge Week 7: Valentines Day nails

I am really late with this post due to different technical issues with cameras and what not. And then the girls needed some Mommy Time - and that has to take priority in my busy life :D

So I am not that in to Valentines Day which is mainly because it was never done in Denmark until 10 years or so ago. Suddenly it seamed florists, jewellers, chocolate manufactures and other businesses that could gain from this thought that we should fill their pockets on february 14th.

To me we should all celebrate our loved ones during the whole year instead of just remember it on one specific day. I'd rather have a daily kiss all year around than a bunch of flowers, or a ring, or chocolate on one day...you get my drift.

Now off the soap box and on to the nails. They aren't anything elaborate since I was using this challenge as a training session in both stamping and dotting tool skills. But I still need A LOT of practice but I am hanging in there and actually have fun every time I do a new challenge.

I used the following colours:
nails inc.: Devonshire Row
nails inc.: Oxford Circus
Kleancolor: Twinkly Hearts
Essence: Stamp Me!! Silver

Since I did the nail art on my right hand(I am a lefty ;)) I had to have my girls help me take the pictures. And they did PRETTY well I think :D

Unfortunately Oxford Circus didn't stamp as well as I expected, it is a seriously opaque colour for such a  light pink, but still the stamped heart on my middle finger ended as a big fail. The lips were a fail as well, but that is due to my stamping technique, which still leaves a lot to be desired, haha.

Devonshire Row is the most gorgeous dark pink-purple EVER.

A close up of my thumb since you can't see the details in the other picture. The silver dots are made with the Essence silver stamp colour.

These hearts were made solely with a dotting tool - and it is my first attempt.

The hearts on my ring finger are from Kleancolor Twinkly Hearts, a annoyingly gloopy polish that could be awesome but isn't, you really have to pick out the hearts and put them on the nail, 'cause they ain't going on the nail when you apply the polish.



So this was my Valentines Day manicure, hope you liked what you saw :D