fredag den 18. oktober 2013

Fancy Friday #25: Sweets for the Sweet

As you may have noticed I skipped last week's Fancy Friday, I was a bit busy with that party I talked about in my previous post.

But today I'm right back in the saddle doing nail art. I'm writing this in our house in Sweden - it is a school holiday this week, so we decided to go up here and spend some time with the family. I joined them a day late, I had some long overdue role playing that needed my attention *nerd alert*.

But on to my choice of sweets for this challenge. One of my favourite kind of chocolate bars is a Danish one called Yankie Bar. It is a very soft kind of french nougat bar with a soft caramel swirl on top and then it is covered with milk chocolate. The producer have recently launched it with a new flavour and in this particular version there is also a swirl of salty licorice inside. I know a lot of you guys will say: Eeeew Yuk, but I tell you it is soooo delicious - though I might be a bit biased since I love salty licorice :D

I know, I know I talk too much - ON TO THE PICTURES:


I know I'm not totally innovative here, I've done tape manis on several occasions but I do like the small amount of work I need to put into this to get a decent piece of nail art going. This one though got a bit difficult.


I did this late last night(or early this morning) so I was somewhat tired and that made me rush things a bit, which can be seen on my middle finger. I was too careless when I removed the two pieces of tape that were overlapping and there fore the wet polish flowed out a bit.


And then there is the placing of the tape on my index finger - oh my is that off!


Besides that I also forgot my clean up tools and acetone so I would kindly ask your forgiveness for the sloppy - or rather non-existing - clean up.


But I still kind of like this mani - and I lurve the chocolate bar!!!


Oh and I shouldn't forget...
I used the following colours:
a-england Lancelot
a-england Perceval
nails inc. baker street

Så er der Fælles Fredag på bloggen. Som du nok lagde mærke til i sidste uge så sprang jeg over - på grund af tvillingernes fødselsdag.

I dag gælder det Søde sager. En af mine favoritter for øjeblikket er Yankie Bar Lakrids, jeg synes den er SÅ fantastisk. Elsker simpelthen salt- og salmiaklakrids og mærkelige smage og så er sådan en fætter her altså lige noget for mig :D

Jeg blev inspireret af farverne på folien og lavede så en tape mani, det er let for mig og jeg er på efterårsferie med familien i Sverige i denne uge, så der er tiden knap - og så bliver det de lette løsninger jeg vælger. Til gengæld sker det jo så af og til at der opstår fejl, hvilket der også gjorde her. Se lige den langefinger!!! Jeg kom i øvrigt hjemmefra uden rengøringsgrej og acetone, så der er ikke "ryddet op" efter lakeringen af de her negle. Håber i kan leve med det ;)