lørdag den 23. juni 2018

#52weeks52polishes - week 1

One of my favourite Danish nail bloggers resurfaced last week - Rijah/Maria from Polishing the Nails. She took a break from nail blogging two years ago but I have kept up with her on instagram where she has mostly posted a mix of beauty related pics and pictures from her private life.

She spoke about wearing polish again and what she would like to do with her blogging this time around. And she suggested a small challenge so she could keep up with doing her nails: Posting once a week, showing a polish she hadn't shown her readers before. Which I thought was a wonderful idea and I decided to hop on that challenge since I have so many untried polishes I need to wear.

So after a poll on  insta Maria decided to call the challenge #52uger52lakker which translates to 52weeks52polishes - and here we are. I am already a week or two late which is just so typically me but I am trucking along anyway.

For my first polish I decided to go deep down and trawl through my old indies. One of my favourite brands - and one I was sad to see leave the indie nail polish world - is still Dandy Nails. Considering she left three years ago her polishes are still awesome and she had perfected her formula.

I am proud to say that considering the amount of nail polish I own this is still a one-of-a-kind in my collection: Bathed in Light. A light gray with a huge amount of maroon shimmer and a dash of holographic glitter to give it some oomph when the sun comes out - so gorgeous!!!


The polish seemed to be rather sheer on the first layer, but was almost opaque in the second. But I loved the maroon shimmer so much I had to add an extra layer and ended with 3 for this mani.




The stamping polish is Moyra Metallic Gold and the stamping plate is Moyou London Arabesque



Will you join us in this challenge? If you post on instagram remember to use #52uger52lakker and #52weeks52polishes.

See you around - have a great weekend :).